When I ran across this recipe, I knew I had to try it. Not just because it sounded good but my daughter juggles having a full time mom, two busy girls, after school activities for the girls and trains for tri’s – whew, that is a wild ride just thinking about it. Anyway, I knew these cookies would be great for her to keep in the freezer where she can pop one out on a morning that she is running late (oldest girl is a fashionista), warm it up at work and not go without breakfast! You can use fresh/frozen blueberries like I did or you can easily put in dried fruits like cranberries/blueberries/apricots/etc that would also be delish. Enjoy!!!!! For comments/questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gluten Free Breakfast Cookie – adapted from Living Without
These cookies freeze well and can be reheated.
⅓ cup packed light brown sugar, more for sprinkling on tops
2 cup gluten free all purpose flour mixture (if there is no Xanthum in your mixture add 1 tsp.
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 large eggs
½ cup yogurt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or 1 tsp dried vanilla from Beanilla
¾ cup fresh/thawed frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
¾ cup gluten-free crispy cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Thoroughly combine flour blend, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, yogurt and vanilla for 1 minute. Add to dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Fold in blueberries and cereal.
4. Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 1 inch between each. Use plastic wrap to gently press and smooth cookies into ½ inch-thick disks. Sprinkle with brown sugar – optional.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake 19 to 20 minutes until done. Serve warm.