I just had to share this recipe with you from the Living Without Magazine! I am making these for my daughter next week for our family Thanksgiving Dinner (we have ours 2 days later). She loves stuffing and of course misses eating rolls so this was a perfect combination for a roll. I hope you all enjoy these tasty rolls as much as I know my daughter will. Enjoy!!!! For comments/questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gluten Free Stuffing Rolls
Stuffing part of roll
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 large uncooked gluten-free chicken-apple sausage, casing removed (½–¾ pound)
1 medium onion, diced
1 large apple, peeled and diced
3 teaspoons poultry seasoning, to taste
4 cups gluten free high protein flour blend (I use King Arthur)
4 teaspoons xanthan gum (omit if included in your flour blend)
1½ teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1½ cups warm milk of choice (105°F-115°F)
4 tablespoons melted butter or oil of choice
1. To prepare Stuffing, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Crumble sausage and sauté until slightly brown. Add remaining olive oil and onion and apple. Cook mixture until onion and apple are soft and sausage is cooked through. Do not allow to brown. Stir in poultry seasoning, to taste. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Chop ingredients with the back of a spoon or on a cutting board so it has a “crumbly” look. Measure out about 2½ cups. Reserve. (Set aside any extra stuffing for another use.)
2. Coat 24 muffin cups with vegetable spray. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour blend, xanthan gum(if not in flour mix) , salt and sugar. Mix well. Add yeast.
4. In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs and melted butter or oil, mixing well. Add to dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until combined. Then beat on medium-high for 3 minutes.
5. Fold in reserved 2½ cups chopped stuffing mixture.
6. Scoop into prepared muffin tins. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (30 to 40 minutes).
7. Preheat oven to 350°F.
8. Remove plastic wrap. Place rolls in preheated oven and bake 22 to 25 minutes. When done, remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
Delicious and no one will know the rolls are gluten free!